CVE-2012-3982, CVE-2012-3983, CVE-2012-3984, CVE-2012-3985, CVE-2012-3986, CVE-2012-3987, CVE-2012-3988, CVE-2012-3989, CVE-2012-3990, CVE-2012-3991, CVE-2012-3992, CVE-2012-3993, CVE-2012-3994, CVE-2012-3995, CVE-2012-4179, CVE-2012-4180, CVE-2012-4181, CVE-2012-4182, CVE-2012-4183, CVE-2012-4185, CVE-2012-4186, CVE-2012-4187, CVE-2012-4188, CVE-2012-5354
10 Oct 2012
24 Oct 2012
Mozilla Firefox 15.x
This covers vulnerabilities where malicious people are able to gain system access and execute arbitrary code with the privileges of a local user.
Cross-Site Scripting vulnerabilities allow a third party to manipulate the content or behaviour of a web application in a user's browser, without compromising the underlying system.
Different Cross-Site Scripting related vulnerabilities are also classified under this category, including "script insertion" and "cross-site request forgery".
Cross-Site Scripting vulnerabilities are often used against specific users of a website to steal their credentials or to conduct spoofing attacks.
This covers vulnerabilities or security issues where malicious users or people can bypass certain security mechanisms of the application.
The actual impact varies significantly depending on the design and purpose of the affected application.
This covers various vulnerabilities where it is possible for malicious users or people to impersonate other users or systems.
Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting and spoofing attacks, bypass certain security restrictions, and compromise a user's system.
1) Several unspecified errors in the browser engine can be exploited to corrupt memory.
2) An error when handling the "
3) An error when handling the "document.domain" properly can be exploited to bypass the same origin policy and e.g. execute script code in the context of another domain.
4) Some errors can be exploited to bypass checks for the DOMWindowUtils class and call restricted methods.
5) An error when transitioning into Reader Mode does not properly sanitise content and can be exploited to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
Note: This vulnerability only affects Firefox for Android.
6) A use-after-free error exists when invoking full screen mode and navigating backwards in history.
8) An error when invoking the "GetProperty()" function via JSAPI can be exploited to bypass certain checks and execute arbitrary code.
9) An error when handling the "location" property via binary plugins can be exploited to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
10) An error within Chrome Object Wrapper (COW) when handling the "InstallTrigger" object can be exploited to access certain privileged functions and properties.
11) An error when handling the "location.hash" property and history navigation can be exploited to e.g. display an arbitrary site or execute arbitrary script code.
12) An out-of-bounds read error exists within the "IsCSSWordSpacingSpace()" function.
13) A use-after-free error exists within the "nsHTMLCSSUtils::CreateCSSPropertyTxn()" function.
14) An error within the "nsHTMLEditor::IsPrevCharInNodeWhitespace()" function can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow.
15) A use-after-free error exists within the "nsSMILAnimationController::DoSample()" function.
16) A use-after-free error exists within the "nsTextEditRules::WillInsert()" function.
17) A use-after-free error exists within the "DOMSVGTests::GetRequiredFeatures()" function.
18) An error within the "nsCharTraits::length()" function can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow.
19) An error within the "nsWaveReader::DecodeAudioData()" function can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow.
20) An error within the "insPos" property can be exploited to corrupt memory.
21) An error within the "Convolve3x3()" function can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow.
22) A use-after-free error exists within the "nsIContent::GetNameSpaceID()" function.
Upgrade to version 16.
The vendor credits: